Friday, March 17, 2006

“The Overlooked Miracle”

This message is Feb. 26th and I just found the time to post it!

Do you know what these people have in common?
(Showed pictures)

These people are 8 people who worked at a meatpacking plant together in Nebraska, who pooled their money and just recently won the biggest lottery Jackpot in U.S, history!

Listen to some of their stories from this report from Foxnews.com…

"Powerball Winners Tell Their Stories”
(Opens new window.)

Can you imagine what it would be like to go from a low paid meat packer to INSTANTLY a multi-millionaire? It’d be such a HUGE blessing that it’d be hard to believe. It’d feel like a dream!!! But it would definitely change your life forever!

Now how about this…

Could you imagine someone winning a lottery and not realizing it? You’d feel sorry for someone like this wouldn’t you? They’d live the same life when they could’ve lived differently...

It’d seem impossible or crazy for any one to do this wouldn’t it? Listen to this story…

Winning Powerball Ticket Found Under Bed
(Opens new window)

This guy almost missed out on something amazing and life-changing that he already possessed! If a friend didn’t tell him about the missing ticket he might have!

Why am I telling you these stories?

The Bible tells us we have an amazing gift, worth more than $365 million Powerball jackpot, that was given to each of us when we became Christ-followers.

The crazy thing is that many believers don’t realize or think about this amazing gift, so they live the same. Or, some who have heard about this amazing gift choose to live life without its benefit. We’re like this guy with the winning ticket under his bed!

Today, I want to talk about what I’m calling “The Overlooked Miracle”. I want to help us see this amazing gift God has ALREADY given us as believers, so you can leave here realizing what winners!

I want to be for you today like the friend who told him there was a missing ticket. I want you to have that same feeling that these winners had going from nothing to more than you can imagine! I want you to be able to live with the benefits!

What is the overlooked miracle I’m talking about? I’ll tell you in a minute, but first I want you to see something...

I started thinking about this overlooked miracle when I was in Washington, DC at the National Prayer Breakfast.

I was reading a passage, during my devotions, from the Old Testament, about an amazing event that happened in Israel’s history.

It was after reading these passages and thinking about them that I remembered about this overlooked miracle believers live with.

I have two passages to look at, so let’s look at the first one. Turn to 1 Kings 6:11-13.

Hear the message below:
MP3 Stream
Download

No comments: